Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am so happy!!!!

Yesterday I got to the new house I will be staying at. I knew they had wireless internet so the first thing I unpacked was my computer. I had a good signal reading but it couldn't load an internet page. I did the "diagnostics" and it said the internet was working fine. If it was fine why couldn't I play like I wanted to!!!! I was pretty disapointed. One of my roomates said I could use his while he was gone. I just had to lock the door on my way out of his room. How great is that! Then this morning I very very selfishly prayed for the internet to work. I am embarased about it but I wanted to give credit where credit was due. :) And I turned it on and here I am writing to you! 

This is exciting for a few reasons but the biggest is that most people I want to chat with are busy during the day and I don't go out at night to use the internet. So now I can keep in better touch with people through MSN and facebook chat. And if I could figure out how to get my Skype to work down here then that would be even more fantastic!!! (when I click on it it gives me a question mark. What is it asking? If I want to talk to all my friends? Or if I just want to give Skype a little attention with a click? Really. It should be obvious :)

Yesterday when I was on the chicken bus from Guatemala City to Antigua the guy came to collect my money. I didn't know how much it was so I asked. He leaned over the lady next to me, formed his lips and very slowly and loudly said "ocho (eight)". It cracked me up. Usually I have to ask people to slow down but not this guy. Then a guy came on at one of the stops and started selling pens. They were little 4 color pens. His sales pitch was fantastic. He was saying "there is red, black, green, blue" "You can use it anywhere, the house, the street, etc" He said they were only 2 quetzales each. "That is 50 centavos each color!" He was really working the bus. He said a lot more but I forget. The guy in front of me bought one. Not sure about the rest of the bus. But at least it worked for him. 

I have to go brush my teeth and get going. I phoned a couple last night that I met a long time ago and asked them for a ride to church. That took some deep breathing. I hate making phone calls to people I don't know. Especially when I have to ask for a favor. I will take the bus after this, I just can't remember where to get off. Wasn't paying attention last time. 

Happy Sunday all!!! 

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment