Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tomorrow is Friday. Good.

Hello all. I am tired. I don't like being by myself at home at night all the time. It is not too bad, not like it was at the beginning. But when my friend found a dog and asked me to foster him until she found his family I said yes. That was over a month ago now. He is mine. But he likes to wake up at 5:30. I used to get up right away and walk him because I would rather get up early then clean up pee, or even worse, poo, later on. That got old VERY fast. Those of you who know me really well will understand that. So now I make him go back to his bed and he promptly falls asleep while I lay there. It is good praying time but I am not always in the best of moods! I have thought about giving that little turkey away. But not sure if I want to yet.

Anyway, Tuesday I woke up and thought it was Friday and it wasn't. Not even close. And now tomorrow it will be. And my dog is at a sitter's place because I am at my friends house looking after her father-in-law while she and her family are in the U.S. So I am GOING to sleep in on Saturday. And that will be a good thing.

That really had nothing to do with anything. I didn't have any lesson or funny story or anything. Hmmm. On to other things then.

I stink at keeping up this blog. Wait. You already know that.

I went to breakfast with a friend of mine on Sunday. We have been family friends since she was about 3 years old (she is now 19). She was volunteering in a place called Tactic and was helping host all the teams that they have come through. I saw her 3 times in the six weeks she was here and let me tell you, it was great. I had two other people I thought were coming down and unfortunately neither of them can come now. So it is nice to have a bit of "home" here.

We decided to splurge ($11.) and go to a nice hotel for a buffet breakfast. I have wanted to go since June of last year when a surgical team I helped out let me stay with them for the night. The food is amazing! And plentiful. They have an omelet bar. You pick what you want to put in it. And they have fried plantains which are my favorite here.

When we got there the waiter said we could leave our bags at the table. I had already spoke to him in Spanish so I couldn't fake that I didn't understand but I sure wasn't going to leave my bag at the table no matter how nice the place was! So we just took them with us. When I went to sit down, Michelle put her bag down and went back for something else. She is skinny so she was allowed. The waiter came up and zap strapped our bags to our chairs! Too funny! I loved it. But didn't feel quite cheesy enough to take a picture of it. After all, we were in a nice restaurant.


Then we went to my church. Let me preface this story by saying that Michelle is a Music major in University, and my worship leader has a good heart and a voice that sings in tune but almost no timing whatsoever. It really threw me when I first started attending. I had a hard time worshipping when I knew he was coming in anywhere from 3-8 beats late. Anyway, we get to a song that Michelle actually knows. Poor girl. She didn't know the previous songs so she had no idea what was in store. She starts singing in the most beautiful voice and then finds herself singing in time, but singing alone. After about 2 verses she heads to the bathroom. I thought she might be sick because she had mentioned that she likes this song and I didn't think she would leave in the middle of it. But when she came back she said she was fine. I figured out later she must have left because it was impossible for her to sing like she wanted to. Ah Guatemala, how I love you. :)

Well, that is it for tonight. I am tired. I just needed to get my blog count back up again so here it is. Please don't give up on me!!! Take care all. God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi! remember me? We met in Tactic when you were visiting Ruth and I came with our school team in 2009. My husband and I worked with Michelle hosting teams in Tactic this summer. What a great gal!
    God bless your work! Martha Sawatzky

    ReplyDelete