Friday, March 27, 2009

First Post Ever

Well, I leave in 6 sleeps and instead of being productive I am doing this. It had to be done at some point and I pack better under pressure anyway. :) 

I used to write e-mails when I was away on other trips but I think this will be easier. Last time I was in Guatemala I had a terrible time trying to load pictures. I hope this works better. 

I don't have much to write right now. I leave Kamloops on Wednesday to drive to Vancouver. Two of my closest friends will stay the night in a hotel and my flight leaves at 0700 the next day. They HAVE to be good friends to put up with me at 0500. That is never a fun experience. 

I arrive in Guatemala City that night and my friend's dad is picking me up along with a team. He used to be the principal at the high school I graduated from so I feel the need to call him Mr. Peters instead of Les. Makes me feel 13 again! The next day I will head to Tactic to visit Ruth, a friend of mine since grade 6. 

My loosely laid plans are to head to Antigua for 3 months of Spanish school. Then I would like to do something until Christmas that would solidify my language skills. Like work in an orphange. In January I will be training with a nurse who runs a medical clinic. I have specialized in the neonatal intensive care for 4 1/2 years and did pediatrics for the 2 years before that. I am pretty much clueless when it comes to adults. 

So that is my first post. Not so exciting but it should get better! I have been following other blogs and they have set a pretty high standard. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment