Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cute lil' story.

The kids from the boys and girls home that my pastors run stand at the church exit every week with a big plastic container for donations. They regularly visit an old folks home and a home for kids with AIDS and the donations go towards buying snacks etc. 

So today we had some visitors from the U.S. When I was headed to the back door I saw the boy with the container and THE biggest smile on his face saying to another adult "they put a bill from the U.S. in" He even let us peek in to see it but his smile was the best! I loved it. 

I also was picked up this morning by another couple who attend our church who had some of the girls from the home in their van. I was waiting for the bus and not paying attention when the van stopped beside me. In my best ignoring stance I refused to look in it. Then I heard my name being yelled from within the vehicle. :) Anyway, there was a little girl in there named Marisol and she is 3. The perfect age and size in my opinion. We walked into church together holding hands. Then I started tickling her and pulled her onto my lap. It was the best feeling. I regularly tickle my friends girls at home and I had forgotten how good it felt! If I could have taken her home I really would have. She was very chatty and had a constant smile. 

A lot has happened this week. I have a new job in a new city, with a new apartment, a new fridge and tomorrow I will buy a new mattress. Actually, the fridge is "new to me". What a funny saying! Just say used! I may have ranted about this once before. :) And amazing things happened along with all this new stuff. But I don't have time to write about it now as I am packing. Or going to pack. Or gearing up to pack. Or avoiding packing. 

As always, there are mixed emotions about leaving. I am very excited to start a new job and have my own apartment. I have been wanting my own space for a while. But, I have been with this family for 5 1/2 months and I feel very comfortable here. My "mother" eats my onions for me, she ironed my blouses the other day when I asked to borrow the iron, (thank goodness for that! The last time I ironed something was a work Christmas party in 2004. I bought a new shirt, washed it and decided to iron it. It was some weird material and I melted a line into it! I was so sad.) and regularly go out of their way for me. I will not be far and I will still visit them but I may feel lonely for a bit. Ummmm. Or not. :)

So those with kids, pull then onto your lap and tickle them for me tonight! I may have to go visit Marisol and the others. They are only a 10 min. bus ride from my new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment