Thursday, February 24, 2011

Denis

I love Denis. I love them all but this one is a story about Denis so I thought I would throw the previous sentence in there. :)

On Monday I was helping a kid with their homework. Often the kids need to look through newspaper and magazines and cut stuff out. Things that are black. Things that start with the letter T. Things that are stupid. And I have no idea how or why this helps them learn. But that is for another post.

Anyway, the kid I was helping needed math help. This is an every day thing. The kids have grade 3, 5 and 6 math that they always need help with. And I am not a teacher. So I don't explain as well as I wish I did. That is also for another post. :)

As I was sitting there exasperated and wishing homework time was over, Denis came over and leaned against my chair. Sometimes he comes up and doesn't say anything so I asked him what he wanted. He handed me a small cut out of a giraffe. He knows giraffes are my favorite. Now if that isn't the cutest thing you have heard all day, I don't know what is! Once he saw how happy I was, he just went back to his seat and kept going with his homework.

That giraffe is now sitting on my dresser. He is very cute. I have the cutest kids ever. Really.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i would love read your blog about useless homework :) write one write one!!

    ReplyDelete