Friday, August 5, 2011

Just a thought.

I am really trying to be more reliable with this blog. So tonight's post won't be anything really special.

I had posted a short video clip that I took of our kids yesterday with a visiting group. Just looked at it now and I had written "form" instead of "from". I used to do it all the time in my essays for nursing classes. I never re-read my papers. They were too long to read! 20-30 pages. Who wants to read something that long??!!?? But anyway, it was always such a glaring error and screamed to my instructors the fact that I never re-read my work.

Managed to pass anyway. :)

Today was good day. My car insurance expired this week. My insurance guy drove over an hour to get to my house so I could pay him and get my new card for the next year. He and his wife and I ended up chatting for over 40 minutes. I love Guatemala! Sometimes there are some handy conveniences.

I finally sent out a newsletter this week. I literally started writing it in May and sent it out in August. I honestly can't believe how fast time flies! But then I sent out an e-mail saying I had written the newsletter, and I forgot to attach it! So embarrassing.

I was going to visit another town to see some acquaintances, look into a therapy clinic for people with special needs and a school for special needs. Look around at land and houses. It is exciting! Please be praying with me so that I will be sensitive to where God is leading me. Finding the town is the first big step! I was going to go the second weekend in September but found out there will be elections that Sunday (weird day for the election but normal here) and I am told it is not safe to be traveling then. I was told by someone I trust that I should just stay inside that day and watch a movie. :) So maybe later on in the month.

I will leave you now with a few random pictures of my life in the last couple of weeks.
Chici and I.
Noe and Antoni in the new transition home for our older teen boys.
I was forced against my will to take this picture. It is a mouse. And not as big as the other 6 they killed that day. Victor and Rodolfo. And Spatz the dog is the mouse killer extraordinaire.
I love Noe's laugh. :)
My friend Nancy and I. Notice she has a salad and a water bottle. I have pizza, pop and cinnamon and sugar covered dough for dessert. And dulce de leche to dip it in! :)
Felipe's 14th birthday. I was so impressed he let me take a picture with him, I didn't notice that he didn't smile, and that there were a couple of jokers in the background!
On the right is Susana, our cook. We were all invited to her daughters wedding.
Aren't they sweet? Katerine and Fernanda, sisters.
I went for lunch with Chici an Victor at a restaurant in the Capital. This burger was amazing! I want it right now.
My friend Amy was in the U.S. for a couple of months so I got to look after her pug, Boby. I really enjoyed having him here. He is very sweet and likes to cuddle with me. I went to a pet shop after he left and to get a baby pug, it costs about $800. Just in case you were wondering, I walked out of there without a baby pug. But I did hold him. And he was cute. :)

So there is a glimpse into the last couple of weeks of mine. Have a great weekend all!

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment