Friday, April 24, 2009

3rd post in one day. I am on a roll!

I officially have a blog follower I don't know! Pretty excited about it. So Terry you should feel honored. :) 

Fun facts about Guatemala for those who haven't been here:
toilet paper goes in the garbage can (wrap poopie ones in new paper first)
Internet is 4-5 quetzale an hour. There are 6 Q in a dollar (Canadian)
Pedestrians do not have the right of way
I have still managed to find really good chocolate (that speaks more of my talent not about Guatemala) I have also found rootbeer (both of these are in the coffee place I often frequent so it wasn't hard. It is geared for us North Americaners)
It is not unusual to see 4-5 people on a scooter
No seat belts required
Pollo Campero has good greasy chicken

Does anyone even care anymore? :)

Have a great weekend all! And don't forget to look at the other two posts below that I wrote first.

5 comments:

  1. Wow 3 posts in one day! You have made my afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naomi,

    This is Sharon - your other secret reader! Although I'm not so secret anymore. ;) Found your link on Facebook, I believe. Very cool to read of what you've been experiencing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bug...I finally got to read your blog...it is good for my soul to see what you are doing....Auntie D...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. I'll be back. No, I'm not on facebook. I'm a member of the "strongly dislike facebook club," (of whom I'm the only member.) :( It's lonely out here. jk
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So honored! :)

    Terry
    www.whereverhemaylead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete