Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hmmmmm.

I was walking down the road coming back from the store and was thinking about writing in my blog today. I was thinking how I didn't really have anything interesting to write about. The most interesting thing I could come up with had to do with shaving cream. Most ladies here don't shave their legs or armpits. I am not quite ready to give up that little ritual. So I went to buy some. I looked and looked and could only find men's. I got up my courage to ask someone and she understood me! (I picked up the shaving cream and said in Spanish "do you have for women?" My fluency astounds me!) She said no. :( So she picked up the men's sensitive and handed it to me. We will see how it works tonight in the shower.

So that was it. Then I though of other boring stuff. Until.... I looked at the man that was approaching me. I had my sunglasses on and wasn't really paying attention until he was about 7-8 feet from me. I realized he had his penis in his hands and was swinging it in circular motions. He had a good swing going so I don't know how long he had been at it! I would like to think it was NOT for my benefit but sadly I was the only other person around. I have seen many men peeing but this was my first full on look. Wow. Pretty good eh? 

My first Spanish teacher went into labour early Tuesday a.m. so I have a different teacher now. She is fantastic! She has been teaching for 8 years and her teaching style is really good. And she is funny so we laugh a lot. I am remembering things and it isn't terrible. Although I am a little impatient still. 

My host mother is making good food. The others left yesterday and it is a little sad because I eat by myself at the table. They eat at a little table in the kitchen. I want to tell them to eat with me but I can't say much so my dinner conversation would be lacking anyway. 

I ate a brownie today. And it was nice and soft and fresh. And yesterday I had a crepe. Poor li'l ol' me suffering in Guatemala!!! It is so cheap. Actually, speaking of suffering. I am having a hard time sleeping at night because I am so itchy! I have bought bug repellant and am using Gold Bond (which really helps) but I am still uncomfortable at times. Mostly when I walk and my clothes rub and the blood gets pumping. But if that is the worst then I am okay. Wait. That is not the worst. I moved to a different room yesterday because I liked the position better. This afternoon when I was reading my book I glanced up and there was a decent sized spider on my wall. Right above my bed!!!! I was horrified. And shaking. So I went downstairs and asked the host father for help. He got rid of it and then started shaking my blankets. Was he looking for babies? I don't know. I should have bought Raid at the store. 

Tomorrow I am going to Tecuaco with some friends to spend the weekend. Nice to not be by myself. I haven't been too lonely until last night. Amy called and I was talking to Jocelyn and Sophia (her twin girls). They are 21 months now. Jocelyn could hear me and kept saying my name. I was on speaker phone and once they toddled off to play Amy took me off speaker phone to talk Jocelyn would cry and say "Nomi". This happened probably 4 or 5 times. So cute!!!! It really made my night. I didn't think they would remember much of me. Then they heard the door open and Jocelyn thought it was me coming in. I wish it was!!!! I miss pinching their little bums. And Jocelyn is always soooo tolerant of my thousands of kisses. So I had a little cry. From what I hear I have always been like that. When I would visit my aunt I wouldn't be homesick until I talked to my mom. Then I would cry and want to go home. Not that I want people to stop phoning!!!! I still want to talk to you all! 

Taraleigh said it was okay to post about my diarrhea. But there was nothing funny or exciting about it. I was at Ruth's so I knew there was a bathroom and toilet paper always available for me! I just didn't leave the house. :) And I have been normal since then. I even had bean soup for lunch yesterday with no disastrous results. 

I guess I have nothing left to say. 

With fondest regards and warmest wishes:
Naomi

:)

3 comments:

  1. Wow a guy swinging his penis around. Not something you see walking down the street here! I hope you warn Elaine about the spider paragraph before she reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really write a book about all your experiences ;) That's quite crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee, I was waiting for a diarhea story from you!

    ReplyDelete