Friday, April 24, 2009

Did you know scorpions have brown guts?

Well, here I am. It is just after 2 on a warm Friday afternoon (although it will take me a while to write this so it will be a lot later by the time it is posted. But then you all won't read it right away so why did I even bother to put a time in?)

I had a really good day today. My Spanish seemed to click a little more today. Or something. But I felt okay with where I am at. I have a lot of vocabulary to study this weekend though. Have been focusing on verbs and tenses so now I need to round out my vocab a little. 

This morning my teacher offered to let me leave my suitcases in her house (she is across the pathway from me) so I wouldn't have to pay to store them while I visit Ruth. Then she invited me to go to a place with her. I can't remember the name. It is just before another place. Can't remember it's name either. But we are going on Sunday. She was very cute. She asked if I wanted her to bring a sandwich for me or if we should eat at the place. But then she said my stomach might not like the food. So she is bringing a sandwich for me. When we go on "field trips" she is always telling me "careful" of the traffic. She is only 2 years older than me but she really looks out for me. She tells me about the Guatemalan men who sit in the park playing the guitar. She says they only want to sleep with women. Cracks me up a little. 

Our field trip today was for ice cream. Unfortunately I can dictate when we go out. We have gone for a few things in the market that I needed help finding and we talk so I am still learning. But I have decided Friday's for the last hour we should go for treats and sit in the park and laugh at tourists. I hope I keep it to just on Friday's!!!!

So, my family still hardly talks to me. I am switching when I get back from Ruth's house. It is Ruth's 30th birthday today! In 8 months it will be my turn I guess. Remember when 30 was old???!!?? I do. It really isn't. Which is probably what 30 year olds told me when I as 17 and called them old.

Well, this is getting long so  I will post about Tecuaco in a separate post.

Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment