Thursday, April 9, 2009

Still having fun!

Well, as I sit here I hear the pounding of music from the restaurant across the street. It is a holiday tomorrow so they are trying to attract business. We don't think it is working but that will not stop them from blasting it all night aparently.



And my legs itch SOOOO bad right now. I just put ice and then anti-itch cream on so it is bearable. Especially when I am very still. I have about 16 in one spot about the size of my palm. Right on my underwear line (so it has been pulled up all day). Guess some little guy got hungry!!! Maybe he won't be hungry tonight.



Other than that, I really am still having fun.



I put a bunch of pictures on facebook of some of the stuff we have been doing. I never take enough pictures so I vowed to not be disapointed this time. I have taken 72 since getting here so I don't think that is too bad!!!!



I am sleeping in Kathe's room on a pull out bed beside her. I usually hear her leave in the morning, between 7 and 0715 usually. I am awake anywhere from 0630-0700 but I never get up right away. Those of you who have had the pleasure of being around when I first wake up know the importance of this. I wait anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour before emerging (althought this morning it was over an hour and a half!) Two mornings ago this conversation took place before I emerged.

Kathe "Mom, is it nmorning?"
Ruth "Yes it is"
Kathe "I don't think Naomi knows that yet"

Too funny. I love that kid.

I sat out in the sun yesterday reading a book. Got a little color on my face and now it's gone. Guess I still have time to get some more.

There is a team here and tomorrow they are going to a public hospital tomorrow. I will go with them to check it out. Have heard about it.

On Saturday I have a host family set up. I really wanted to stay with the lady I stayed with last time. She was a great cook!!!!! But she moved to another town. I have been selfishly praying that my new family will have good food for me. I will head to Antigua with the group (easier to get a ride with them than take the bus). I have so much luggage that transfering buses is difficult.

I am a little nervous about the classes. I have high expectations and I know I won't be fluent in the next month or even 6 months. It takes time but I want to get on with it! I already will be going out for treats with some friends next week who will be visiting Antigua. Yay for people I know!

Well, kids are in bed and the music has miraculously stopped! We may sleep tonight after all!

Bye.

Ending blogs is weird. Feel like there should be some sort of ending but don't know what. Bye sounds wierd. Love Naomi feels weird because people I don't know may be reading this. I don't know. Maybe nothing is best. But then it feels unfinished. Ahhh. Who really cares, right?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should end your blogs with things like 'until next time, friends' or 'the pleasure has been all mine'. Really classy stuff.

    Miss you - Abby thought you were back home because I told her you hadn't made it to Guatemala that first night and were in Houston, she thought that you had decided not to go!

    ReplyDelete